Welcome friends! This journal shares about our life together: a life filled with school, school, and more school, adventures, a spirited little dude, and much love.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's in the numbers...or is it?

So our apartment manager does numerology.  He offered to share with me some valuable insights about Van according to his name and birthday.  While we were sitting in the office listening about our son's future and how I can best nurture his nature ;) Van was all over the place in typical Van-fashion...the chairs were pushed into new spaces the door stops were shoved into the mailbox, the flowers were smelled, poked, smelled, and poked some more...

I learned (can't really say learned because we all know this anyways) that Van is very into experiencing everything with his senses...for his future this could mean that he could struggle to maintain control over his need for stimulation (drugs, alcohol, adrenaline...).  It was predicted that helping him meet this need in safe ways will be a challenge for us. It seems that this is something that all parents struggle with somewhere along the way. I was told that Van is also a free-spirited, action-taker...a guy who likes to get things done in his own way.  Also, he is impulsive and will need help in developing "diplomacy" within his relationships. 

Van will someday be an action-oriented, hard worker...maybe an engineer, maybe a philanthropist...he had no clear answers here.  I asked what to name a second child that could balance Van's impulsive nature and was told that that is nearly impossible to do.  The question now is: Did he really link all of these things to his name and birthday or did he just observe all this in the short moments we have met this summer?  Either way, I liked hearing that my terror could someday become a philanthropist!

According to my name I am a thinker, a quiet-type, a reader, someone who wonders about the mysteries of the world...well that sounds about right...thanks mom and dad for naming me ;)  Brett is a romantic adventurer...yes that sums up why I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment